Welcome to the TOPs 80s Blog.

Welcome Back to the 80s. Re-live the Performances! The Music, The Fashion, The Magazines, The TV Shows, The Hair!

Saturday 10 February 2018

Alexander O'Neal & Cherelle - Never Knew Love Like This - 1988


Alexander O'Neal & Cherelle - "Never Knew Love Like This"
 

The 9th Single from Alexander O'Neal (which features Cherelle)was released in February 1988 and reached Number 26 on the U.K. singles chart.  Written by Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. it was released on Tabu records on  7 inch and 12 inch Single and spent 7 weeks on the chart.
 
 
Number One Magazine Review

You are my favourite lady and you are my favourite man

yes
you are
So it feels good to know that you feel the same.
And forever and a day together we will be

Nothing on this earth could ever take you away from me.

'Cause I've been kissed but I - never knew love like this -

And I've been missed but I - never knew love like this -.
Love someone before but I - never knew love like this -

I've had lots of lavin' but I never knew love like this.
You're something special -
and you know you're something special
too

I love you and that's all I need to hear to make my day.
'Cause you're always on my mind
no matter what I do

Nothing on this earth could ever keep me away from you.
I've been kissed but I - never knew love like this -
. . .
I've been kissed but I - never knew love like this -
. . .

When I'm asleep at night
in my dream I hold you tight

I never had a better love
never love like this.

I've been kissed but I - never knew love like this -






Special 12 inch Mix
 

No comments:

Post a Comment